24 May 14 SEO Tips for 2017
14 SEO Tips to help you promote your website NOW!
- In subfolders and file names, use dashes, not underscores. Many people use underscores to indicate a space in a file name. However, Google recognizes dashes as spaces, not underscores. So instead of www.my_website.com use www.my-website.com.
- When choosing a new domain name do not use dashes or underscores. Also, do not use quirky spellings. For example, www.catsforyou.com is better than www.cats4you.com.
- Use only lowercase letters in your domain name, subfolder, and file names.
- Do not use flash on your website. Flash is now old fashioned and cannot be seen by search engines. Also, flash is not mobile device friendly, so it will actually hurt your SEO ranking.
- Consider installing a SSL certificate if you sell anything on your website, or if you have forms on your website.
- Now is the time to go over the text content on your website. Is it up to date? Perhaps it can be re-written to be more exciting and engaging. You should have at least 300 words on each page.
- Make sure you have clear, engaging “calls to action” on your website so people know what you want them to do on your website.
- I’ve said it before… make sure your website is professional looking and mobile friendly.
- Post regularly to your blog and social media accounts.
- Write articles and press releases and submit them to article and press release distribution websites.
- Optimize your website pages, not only for your keywords, but also so that your page title and meta description catches the eye of users in the search results.
- Commit to becoming the best in your field. Readers can tell who’s an expert and who isn’t and people will link to the best content, giving you backlinks. Backlinks are links on other people’s websites that link back to you.
- SEO will no longer be limited to purely textual content. Don’t neglect your infographics, videos, images, and other multimedia content. Embrace optimization for image search and voice search.
- Create better content than the competition. Check Google and see who is ranking above you for your target keywords. Look at their site content, then create a better, longer and more detailed version. Also include shareable content like infographics.