SEO and your website content go hand in hand. Great text content is essential to keep visitors on your website. Google will rank your website higher if you have good content.
Good content can be defined as:
- Provides a service to the visitor.
- Creates brand authority establishes you as an expert in your field.
- Looks and feels natural.
Here are some tips to help you to create Great Content:
- It is important to create your own original content. Google will penalize your website if have duplicate content.
- Each page of your website should contain at least 900 – 300 words. This gives Google the information it needs to index your website properly. Having at least 900 – 300 words on each page will give your visitor all the information they need to trust you and buy from you.
- Create strong headlines and calls to action. Tell your visitor what you want them to do. Engage them and make them want to buy from you.
- Answer this question: Why should they buy from you? The answer to this question should be on the main page of your website.
- Make your content actionable, so that people will do what you want them to do when they read your website text.
- Think about what questions your clients have and answer those questions in your content.
- Be accurate. Check your facts and provide correct information.
- Provide good quality images and video to support your text.
- Make sure your website is easy to navigate on all devices.
- Create and post to a blog often to continually add to your website and to keep you in your visitor’s minds as the expert to go to.
- Post to your social media accounts often with unique, informative information.
- Sent out a newsletter to your clients to keep them coming back to your website.
- Update your website often to make sure all of the information is accurate and up to date.
- Check your website for links, pages, images, etc. that do not work.
- Make sure your website is easy to read. Do not over use big, technical words.
- Be available. Make sure your contact information is easy to find and current.
If you need help updating your website’s content, contact us today! We can help!