Great customer service is essential to growing your business.
Word of mouth is one of the best ways to get new customers. It can also quickly hurt your business if you have a customer who is vocal about their disappointment. Here are five tips to help you to provide great customer service:
- Hire friendly, helpful people. Your staff probably deals with customers just as much if not more often than you do. If you hire people who are friendly and helpful, your customers will be happier.
- Train your staff to be customer oriented. If your staff understands the importance of good customer service they will know how to offer good service. Keep up on the training, so that it stays fresh in their minds.
- Reward your staff for providing excellent service. If your staff knows that there could be a reward for them preforming well in this area, they are more likely to focus on good service.
- Treat your employees well. If your employees are happy, then they are more likely to go out of their way to give good service to your customers. Treat your employees to pizza, give out incentives, remember their birthday, etc. These are all great ideas to keep your employees happy.
- Offer free shipping or discounts to your most valued customers. Keeping your current customers happy will make it more likely they will recommend you to their friends and family.
Your business should be built around how to deliver excellent customer service. It’s easy to forget its importance when you are building your brand’s web presence and marketing your website. But, these five examples above have stood the test of time and provide truly excellent customer service.
In summary, offering excellent service starts with keeping your staff and your current customers happy. What ideas do you have that will help people to provide good customer service?