If you have a blog, one of the most annoying things is dealing with spam blog comments. Spam blog comments are comments made on your blog that are intended to sell their own product. Also they may try to entice your visitors to leave your website and go somewhere else.
You can delete the spam comments yourself, but it can be very time consuming if you get a lot of spam comments. Some bloggers turn off comments, but comments are a way to interact with your visitors, so you are the expert your visitors turn to when they need something. It also allows you to sell or up sell to your visitors.
There are plugins that you can use to help combat spam comments. The one I use is called CleanTalk. I highly recommend this plugin. After the free trial it only costs $8 per year. A real bargain!
Here are some features of CleanTalk:
- Stops spam comments
- Stops spam registrations
- Checks the existing comments for spam
- Easy setup
- Saves time
- No CAPTCHA, no questions, no animal counting, no puzzles, no math and no spam bots
How does it work?
- A visitor writes a comment or registers
- The plugin sends action parameters to the CleanTalk cloud
- CleanTalk analyzes the parameters
- If this is a visitor, the comment will be published. If it’s a spam bot, then CleanTalk blocks this comment or registering
- Parameters are written to a log which can be viewed in the CleanTalk Control Panel
The plugin moves spam comments to the spam folder. You can also set the option to ban spam comments silently. Or, you can also enable the option in the plugin settings to auto-delete comments from spam folder.
On WordPress.org this plugin has a excellent rating. I have used this plugin for over many years and it works great for me. It gets rid of all my comment spam. If you need help installing this plugin on your WordPress blog, please contact us.