Here are ten tips that will help you grow your email list:
- Have an online contest for a free giveaway, and have your visitors sign up for your newsletter in order to enter the contest.
- Collect email addresses offline and import them into your mailing list. You can collect these from customers coming into your brick and mortar story or at events like trade shows. Be sure to send these contacts a welcome email that confirms their opt-in to your list.
- Include a “sign up for our newsletter” link on all predominate pages on your website.
- Use different types of sign up forms and put them in the sidebar and footer of your website.
- Include a pop up on your website to encourage people to sign up. Offer a discount or some other incentive if they sign up for your newsletter. There are pops that will pop up when someone arrives on your website and exit pop ups that appear when people are about to leave the website.
- Encourage your current email subscribers to share and forward your newsletters.
- Create links on all your social media accounts so people can sign up for your newsletter.
- Use Pinterest to promote offers that require email sign-up.
- Run a promotion on a partner or affiliate website to collect email addresses from a new source.
- Make sure your newsletters are interesting and provides information that is relevant and interesting to the recipient of the newsletters.
Make sure you do not add email address to your list without permission. No one likes spam.
Grow your email list and keep your business in your current customers minds and attract new customers.